Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself

Summer break is finally here.  Phew - I didn't know whether I would make it this year or not.  But now that I have made it (barely...), I thought that I would take this summer to finally start the blog that I have been talking about doing since...well, since I started teaching five years ago.  Hmmm...I guess I have been putting this off longer than I thought. (:   So, needless to say, here I am.
Here is a little bit about myself:
  • This if my fourth year teaching first grade (I taught fourth grade for a year in Illinois...let's just say that I am MUCH more suited for the little ones)
  • I am the "reading" person on my team and love creating rigorous activities to teach the students the Common Core standards.
  • I  got married to my best friend in October of 2012 and we have two wonderful children (the four legged, furry kind of children).
  • I have a slight obsession with organization...well, if you ask the people on my first grade team they would joke that I have a severe case of OCD.  I love finding new ways to organize all of my materials and can't wait to share them with you.
So over the summer I will share my new organizational methods as well as some new products that I am working on for my TpT store.  I would love to hear all about you and hope that what I post about will help you in your classroom.

For now, here is my last picture of my classroom before I can get back into it at the end of July.

My final picture of my classroom before leaving for the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment