Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

October Currently

I feel like I dropped off the face of the Earth!  This is my first year blogging and I didn't realize how hard it actually is.  Whether it is finding a topic to write about or finding the time to actually do it - I just end up putting it off....so here I am a month later with the perfect post to fill you in.

I am linkin' up with Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her CURRENTLY post.

Here's what's up with me currently in October (where did September go!?!?!)


Listening:
I am currently listening to Remedy - the newest album by Old Crow Medicine Show.  Ever since moving to Tennessee I have fallen in love with blue grass music and this band is my absolute favorite.
http://www.amazon.com/Remedy-Old-Crow-Medicine-Show/dp/B00JU3S5KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412392426&sr=8-1&keywords=remedy+old+crow+medicine+show

They sing "Wagon Wheel" which was our first dance at my wedding!  And my absolute favorite part about this album is that it is available on vinyl.  So I just put it on the record player and listen to it every chance I get.

Loving:
I found curtains for my living room - Halleluiah!  It has only been 3 years since I have moved into this house - but I have finally found curtains!  We painted the family room Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore and I found curtains on Wayfair.com that match perfectly!  I ordered one just to be sure, loved it, and ordered three more.  Now we are just waiting for them to get here so we can hang them.  Here is the picture from the website (although the wall color is similar to mine!)
http://www.wayfair.com/echo-design-Lanterna-Cotton-Curtain-Single-Panel-EO40-8-ECH1316.html
Thinking:
As I said in the beginning of my post...this whole blogging thing has been hard for me to get into.  I love the connections I have been making and I really do like posting about what we are doing.  It is just hard to figure out exactly what to post about - and it is also hard to find out how to connect with a lot of people.  I would love suggestions in this area if you have any!!

Wanting:
One of my all-time favorite things about the school district that I work in is fall break.  Yep, that's right - a whole week off in fall!  I have one more week of school and then I am on fall break.  Yay!!!!  We usually go somewhere, but this year we are going to hang curtains, look for a kitchen back splash, build shelves in an unused closet and hang pictures above the couch.  Oh and I forgot to mention...absolutely no thinking about school.  I can't wait!

Needing:
I guess this could also be more of a "looking forward to" because Monday is our two year anniversary.  This school year has been so busy and my hubby is doing his masters on Saturdays, so I feel like I never see him - this will be a much needed night together.  Plus - I can't wait to give him his gift.  We are doing the traditional anniversary gifts and year two is cotton...I found the gift on Etsy.com and it is so cute (hopefully he thinks so to!).   I will have to share it with you after Monday because I don't want to chance him seeing it (:

Trick or Treat?
Treat!
Everything in my store is on sale this weekend!!  Enjoy (:



7 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!

    I found you through the Currently linkup! Don't worry- I think a lot of bloggers, especiallly newer ones, feel the same way as you do! I know that I do! I've had a really hard time since school started getting back into the routine. I know what helps me though is saving time for myself to sit down with my planner and to plan ahead for my blog posts. I will write linky parties that I know I will participate in and then I try to think of things that I want to blog about too for the other days. Now, granted... If you look at my blog posts since school started... You aren't going to see that :) Just enjoy it! Don't stress yourself out about it or it won't be fun and it's supposed to be fun!
    I am so glad I found you! Another way to connect with people is through Instagram :) I'm following you so that I can read your upcoming posts! Even if it is next month's Currently (and it's okay if it is!!)!
    Alisha
    Missing Tooth Grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the Currently linky! I've been blogging nearly a year and I constantly fail at my blogging goals lol! I guess its getting into a routine and planning ahead! Good luck with your future blogging!!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of everyones fall break! We don't even get a three day weekend until Thanksgiving. In NY, we got a three day weekend for Columbus Day, but here in NOVA the teachers have a professional day on that Monday. Boo!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…there is a fall themed TREAT!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a fall break! #jealous
    Sometimes, even as experienced bloggers, we have a hard time getting into the routine of posting. The beginning of the year can be hard. If you are at school and think of something you want to share jot it down. That's the only way I remember!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't we get a Fall break?!?!? I totally agree with Jennifer about writing things down!! It comes in time :) Don't pressure yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all of your support - you definitely eased my mind about blogging. I guess I need to look at it as something that is fun and something to do when I have time instead of something that I need to force myself to do! I am definitely going to try to create a blogging calendar though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi name twin!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my Facebook page! I too need to get better about blogging and doing it at least once a week. However, that means I would need to find time for that. :) So jealous that you get a fall break! I miss that part of college so much because it always fell near my birthday. Hope your week is great!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete