I am linking up with Teaching Trio's Sunday Scoop for the first time this month!
Here is my Sunday Scoop:
1) I put off grading papers every single week...then I somehow end up with a stack that is so overwhelming that I put it off until Sunday night. Last year I made a New Year's Resolution to not leave school until everything from that day was graded, entered into the gradebook and filed. It was fabulous - it only took about 15 minutes every day and I regained my Sunday nights. Yea...I'm not sure what happened to that. So needless to say, I am staring at the stack of papers that I need to grade and doing everything I can to avoid it.
2) I started watching the show "How to Get Away With Murder" on ABC. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I really like to story line but it seems to drag on a little bit. I missed last week's episode so I think I will catch up on that while I grade papers.
3) October weather in Tennessee is always crazy - we have had the heat on for two weeks and then this morning we wake up to 80 degrees. The crazy weather must have gotten the ladybugs moving because they are EVERYWHERE. I don't even know how they get in! We have been vacuuming them up every chance we get - but more just keep coming! I am going to head over to Google for a solution :)
2 Things I Hope to Do:
1) I would love to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight! For the past few weeks I have either crashed on the couch by 8:00 or been wide awake at 2 a.m. Tonight I would like to stay up until 10:30, and then head upstairs to bed. Crazy, right?
2) Since the weather is so beautiful, I really hope to take the dogs for a nice walk! We have such a pretty neighborhood that hardly has any traffic - and there is an open field at the end of the cul-de-sac that they can run around in. They definitely need to run off some energy.
1 Thing I am Happy to Do:
1) Work on the short vowel phonics books so I can have them posted by Friday. I am so excited to get these finished - my students loved the short a book that I tested out on them!
Well, that is my Sunday Scoop! I hope you enjoy your week :)